We offer the following types:
- Courses - usually several days,
- Workshops - usually shorter
Location and schedule
If not stated otherwise all courses take place in the premises of the ZDV on Campus of Johannes Gutenberg University. Please check the precise location for the course as the lecture rooms may vary between courses. Lecture room and lecture times will be send to the participants in advance.
For all course that require the use of our HPC systems we arrange course accounts for the participants. Please mind that the course accounts will be deleted after the course finished.
- Participants should be able to write on a keyboard Teilnehmer
- Without signing up you can't join the course.
- Please inform us as early as possible if you can't participate your course. We reserve the right to exclude participants from future courses that didn't show up without resigning.
- Participants should be interested in HPC or expect to use HPC resources soon. Non-HPC-Users may participate but we reserve the right to exclude those if courses are overbooked.
- Our courses and especially the Introduction to HPC require the participants to know basic shell usage. If you don't know shell you may want to sign up for our Bash-Intro
- The standard language is englich except all participants are fluent in german.
- Many faculties offer the possibility to get ECTS points - details are to be asked at your faculty. The HPC-Team only offers a Certificate of attendance
- Additional requirements are denoted at each course if applicable
A course usually needs at least 15 participants. A workshop needs at least 6 participants. If less participants sign up we may cancel a course or a workshop.
How can I sign up for a course/workshop?
We use Ilias-Elearning-System for the courses.
- It's required to log in with a University-Account. Every HPC user has a University account. You can check on the Account-Website. If you don't have an University account:
- Depending on your language settings you have to press "Beitreten" or "Join" at the selected course.
What if the course is full?
Please still sign up - there's a queue. Sometimes you could get a seat if somebody resigns. Anyways, the amount of participants is an indicator for us to adapt our course program.
HPC-Certification Forum Links
The following table offers links to the HPC-Certification Forum. These links show the skill descriptions of the core skills that you shall learn in each course. This shall offer the possibility to compare course content with other participating institutions to find fitting courses.
|Name||Type||Content||Date||Lecturer||Room||HPC-CF Skillset (only main skillset)||sign up link|